One hundred years ago on February 20th, the Panama-Pacific International Exposition opened its doors to the public. Although it was marketed as a celebration of the newly-opened Panama Canal, its larger purpose was to the show the world that San Francisco had fully recovered from the devastating 1906 earthquake and fire. The fair was huge, constructed on a 635-acre strip of land along San Francisco Bay on what is now the Marina District.
Upcoming focus on the PPIE
Previous post: The Life of a Successful Banker